Thursday, 23 December 2010

Christmas Haiku

in the trees -
distant moon

fir tree -
icicles on the tip
of every branch


Caroline Gill said...

You are getting us into the spirit of Christmas! Beautiful haiku - thank you.

Gordon Mason said...

Get the feeling you could repeat these late in January, Juliet! Edinburgh is going to hold on to these images.

Feliz navidad!

Annette F Tait said...

beautiful haiku Juliet!
your few words are always so moving and paint a picture so vivid :)
plus I really like this double haiku set!

Bill said...


I wish you all the blessings of the season and joy in the new year.

Magyar said...

Christmas tree
winter writes these limbs

Best Christmas wishes Juliet, to you and yours! _m

helencaldwell said...

These are lovely haikus. I especially like the fairylights one. It reminds me of the trees in Princes Street Gardens which are studded with lights. They look magical.

bunnits said...


It is hit-or-miss here trying to keep up with all my blogging friends what with the same old computer woes. Nope, Santa thought I didn't need a new one...still waiting to see if a repair might be on the horizon. I just hope it doesn't turn out like that line from Tennyson: to follow knowledge like a sinking star...