Monday 20 July 2009

Musical Collaboration

I was recently involved in a musical collaboration with Edinburgh based musical project Belvedere Mountain Express (aka Golebnik, who sometimes comments here). You can hear the first track of our collaboration on the Belvedere Mountain Express Myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/belvederemountainexpress).

The track is City Empire featuring Juliet Wilson. Two more tracks will hopefully follow in the near future. Always a challenge fitting short poetry to long musical tracks, so keep listening, I do start talking eventually.....

It was great fun working on this collaboration, it adds another dimension to poetry to hear it with musical accompaniment.....

12 comments:

Forthvalley scribe said...

A really interesting track - I'm looking forward to hearing the res.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I'll go and check it out, congrats on breaking into the music world :~)

Caroline Gill said...

WHAT an interesting project, CGP... great opportunity for collaboration. I'll go over to the site...

Caroline Gill said...

P.S. Love the new blogskin pic.

poefusion said...

Can't wait to hear this collaboration Crafty. I couldn't get the page to load yesterday and today I've been sickly. I promise to get around to it soon. I think putting music to poetry is a great idea. Have a great night.

Kay Cooke said...

You're right about it adding another dimension. Lovely to hear your beautiful accent / voice reading the moody poetry to go with the moody music - a real treat, thank you.

Paul said...

Supercool.

Thomma Lyn said...

How awesome! I'll go check it out. I enjoy setting poems to music, and have done quite a few. :)

Deb G said...

That was really great! What a great thing for you.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I've listened through, the music gives such a tangible dimension to the words. Your voice sounds exactly right and such how I thought it would....

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this track. I quite like a lot of the experimental music out there and it was great to hear your voice. Hope you do more of it!

whizkid said...

very interesting, this mix of poetry and music. this project sounds really wonderful.