Tuesday 20 January 2009

Gorgie City Farm - Red

Red is the Gorgie City Farm horse, he used to be quite unpredictable but these days, thanks largely to the work of D. an invaluable volunteer on the farm, he is now polite and happy to give children rides. He also has a strange fascination for business meetings and will often try to get as close as he can to any meetings happening downstairs in the Education Centre, in the room that is mostly windows on two sides. Today I noticed him at the other end of the field when we started our meeting, but by the end of the meeting he had come right up towards us and was standing with his head over the fence, peering into the meeting. I almost expected him to neigh in with his opinions.

11 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Such a nice big paddock, lucky fellow to have someone take such interest in gentling him.

Mistlethrush said...

Obviously he's now a very sociable horse! Who says animals don't have feelings and personalities? Not me.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

PS-The Spots will be happy to lead a Willow workshop. Shall I start applying for their passports? Or shall we do a live Webinar?

Janice Thomson said...

LOL - neat write-up Juliet!

Susan Tuttle said...

what a beautiful creature!

xo

The Bunns said...

Horses are not as weird as cats ...

stu said...

Listen to the horse.

Devika Jyothi said...

Horses are both Royal and Noble...

If human mind could be equated to a horse, which is often done in literature, it is the most unpredictable...and uncontrollable, Juliet...

so says my experience...
nonetheless mind has to be brought under control if man/woman be a human being...so I keep trying :)

wishes,
devika

Anonymous said...

It's good to meet a friendly fellow like Red -- even across the ocean, via Internet. I'm reminded of what one of my favorite nonfiction writers, Terry Tempest Williams, PhD, wrote in her book "Animals In Translation":

"Humans and animals belong together."

Valerie said...

Loved this post: it made me smile.
Great looking Red :-)
[I would invite him into the meeting...]

Anonymous said...

the previous comment was from me, Marina, I forgot I was still signed in as my friend Valerie [I was helping her with her blog]. sorry...