Sunday 20 August 2023

Roses in Saughton Park

We had a nice walk in Saughton Park yesterday. Some of the late roses were looking particularly fine

and some are still in bud 

There's a lovely stone rose near one of the entrances to the park 

We were pleased to see a few hoverflies around, though it was difficult to get photos as it was very windy most of the time. This Sun Fly (aka Footballer Hoverfly) Helophilus pendulus stayed still for long enough on this Yarrow plant to be photographed


 **

Meanwhile I'm delighted to have another haiku featured in the Haiku Girl Summer, this time in the Sun-baked issue! You can read the whole issue here

5 comments:

Sal said...

You do have some delightful walks where you live! And I love the stone rose! 😁

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Sal, yes we're very lucky - Edinburgh is full of beautiful greenspaces.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Congrats on the Haiku publication -- I'll link over there after I send this. Beautiful roses which remind me that I haven't made it to our local rose garden yet -- maybe I'm not too late if I go soon. (It's been super hot here, so depends on water and care I expect).

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks Sallie! Hope you can get to your local rose garden before it's too late!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like to see roses, I enjoyed your photographs.
Well done on the Haiku publication.

All the best Jan