Monday 17 April 2023

Another Day in the Dells

 


I was in the Dells alongside the Water of Leith again today. It's one of my favourite places and being a regular volunteer with the Water of Leith Conservation Trust means I have a good excuse to walk along the river every week. 

The Bird Cherry Tree is in bloom now.


The flowers seem to be smaller than many other varieties of cherry and they're arranged in quite a distinctive way. The tree is also well named - this particular specimen is often full of birds.

The Lesser Celandines are in full bloom in many areas of the Dells now

 

My favourite patch of Lesser Celandine is this one

The birds were all singing, including Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers. Great Spotted Woodpeckers were drumming loudly. 

I rarely see Rabbits in the Dells, but they feature in my favourite part of the mural in Colinton Tunnel




No comments: