Tuesday 18 September 2018

Repairing a favourite pair of trousers

This was one of my favourite pairs of trousers until I tripped and fell and ripped holes in both the knees. (Ironically I tripped over a traffic calming hump in a road, one of those humps  that's supposed to make roads safer for pedestrians and I've seen other people trip there too!). I thought about just stitching up the holes but it would have looked very obvious and ugly and it would no longer be a nice smart pair of trousers. So, I  thought I'd go for something more showy that makes a feature out of the repairs so I covered the holes with some black lacy fabric that I had in my stash.

so that the trousers now look something like this



I'm thinking of adding some of the same black lacy fabric to the edge of the pockets too,though the pockets are so high up on the trousers that they're generally covered by the top I'm wearing ..... What do you think?

3 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done! This is very creative.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I think you are artistic, smart, thrifty, and way more capable than I could ever dream of being! Also think they need to do something about that traffic calming installation! (The mended trousers look very professional, better than new. )

RG said...

It'll be all the rage!!!