Tuesday 4 September 2018

Sunshine after the Rain

 After a day of rain and a misty start to the day today has turned out beautifully sunny, though there's a wee chill to the air. It was a lovely day to do my voluntary patrol along the Water of Leith.

I shared a photo the other day of a grey squirrel in a hawthorn tree, well here are a couple of close ups of the hawthorn berries and surrounding lichens (a different tree though)


These berries are a real sign of autumn, as are the tar spots on the sycamore leaves

these are caused by a fungus and apparently don't harm the tree.

There are fungi all year round but we always seem to associate them with autumn, here's a lovely tiny fungus I found today(I'll try to identify the species when I have the time, but if you know what it is, you can let me know in the comments)


The poppies looked lovely with the raindrops all glittering on their petals








3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the cute little fungi and the poppies. I would like a little chill to the air, now! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Janneke said...

Ineresting tiny fungi, I think I have seen them here too but I have no idea of identification. Glad you had some rain too, we have had some rain too, but it's still warm for the time of year. The forecast is more chilly for the end of the week.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely pictures here :)

All the best Jan