Thursday 13 August 2015

On a sunny day

Lovely, warm and sunny at Musselburgh today. Here's what the John Muir Walkway looks like at the moment

Lotsof bees, butterflies and other insects in amongst all those flowers. This lovely butterfly is a green veined white

and this is a caterpillar of a chamomile shark moth. (I wouldn't have known this myself, but I bumped into another woman who was, like me, walking slowly along the flower verge looking for insects to photograph)

and this ladybird was hiding away, but it's colour gives it away







4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like another great outing. Pretty sky, butterflies and flowers. Have a happy weekend ahead!

RG said...

Some of the best talks and visits are over an unknown creature! Especially if the community effort is successful!

Anonymous said...

looks lovely 😊

Donna said...

That first shot is breathtaking and I love that unusual caterpillar.