Friday 31 October 2014

Oh, deer!

It was a lovely mild day today at Musselburgh Lagoons. When I arrived an the first hide there were hundreds of birds, including lapwings, teal, wigeon and dunlin. Then suddenly almost all of them took off, the lapwings whelled around above the hides for a while then they all disappeared. I'm guessing a peregrine had passed over, as it often does and scared them all.

When I was just about to leave the third hide, I was delighted to see these roe deer move into view. They came very close to the hide and were happy to have their photos taken. They were later joined by a third.

For Saturday Critters

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so cute!

Little Miss Titch said...

Beautiful!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Obvious to me they were trick or treating!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Beautiful deer and beautiful scenery!!

eileeninmd said...

Cute shot of the deer. I wish we had the Lapwings here, at least more than just an occasional sighting.. Great shot.. Enjoy your weekend!

RG said...

Pretty pix!

A bit ago, skein after skein of our wintering snow geese flew over at about 500' - headed from the foraging fields to spend the night in the bay. There were several thousand of them. What a racket!

L-A said...

Beautiful deer, I sometimes see one in the woods beside me.

eileeninmd said...

Helli Juliet, thank you for linking up your post to my critter party. I loved seeing your pretty deer. Happy weekend!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for showing us the deer!
~

Unknown said...

Beautiful animals!

Bill said...

roe deer
her smile as she snaps
their picture