Thursday 6 March 2014

Larger drawstring bags

Chopstick bags continue to be the most popular item in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop. As well as recently adding some more of these bags to the shop, I thought I'd branch out a bit and make some slightly larger bags, suitable for storing a descant recorder or incense sticks, among other possible uses. As ever these are made from good quality repurposed materials. I've added one to the shop already and there will be another to follow quite soon.

 
I now have over 50 items for sale in the shop, which according to some people is supposed to magically bring in more views, favourites and sales (though the same effect is much greater when you hit over 100 items in your shop, a goal which I'm sure is beyond me!).I haven't seen any such effect as yet, but I have been pleased with how many items I've sold over the past year or so. Thanks to everyone here who has bought items!

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks which take you to other webpages where you can find out more.

4 comments:

Caroline Gill said...

I am absolutely delighted with my drawstring bag. I love the blue material and it comes highly recommended ... I also love the detail and trim! Thank you, Juliet, for putting your many talents to use in this way.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

I very much like that your materials are repurposed.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Caroline, thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Maureen, yes, I make a real effort to repurpose and recycle.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Like I recycled Josephine! LOL! Thanks for your get well wishes. I have now lost the high registers of my voice. I squeak.

The very first quilt I ever made was from the jeans Ray and I wore the first seven years we knew each other. It hangs at the head of our bed. The concept of buying new cloth to cut up for quilts was foreign to me then.

Speaking of which, are you familiar with the quilts of Gees Bend? Talk about repurposing! They are stunning. And I don't say that about too many things.

Happy Weekend. Spring-like temps are headed here at last. Ahhh...