Monday 17 October 2011

Repurposed Camera Case, Take 2







As I blogged here, I recently tried to make a case for my camera from repurposed fabric samples, but it turned out to be too small (luckily Crafty Green Boyfriend has found a use for it). I tried again using fabric from an old kimono, which I've already used in other repurposed items (such as this sandwich bag and this draught excluder) and the photos in this post show the result. I'm quite pleased with it! I just basically measured out the fabric around the camera and sewed it up, I didn't use a pattern or anything. I lined the inside of the flap with more of the same fabric to make it look smarter. Thanks to Crafty Green Boyfriend for the photos.

6 comments:

ashok said...

clap clap :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

Great job and isn't it good when you are able to recycle and reuse materials.

Hope that you have a lovely week
Hugs
Carolyn

Celeste said...

That is going to be one very fancy camera in it's new case - great job.

martine said...

thanks for the reminder, I had draught excluders on my list all last winter, really must get around to making some this year, there is a howling gale from under the front door!
much love
martine

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

That's wonderful!

Karen M said...

Nice job. That fabric is beautiful.