As most readers of this blog will know, I have a press pass for Edinburgh International Film Festival and am positively overdosing on great films for the next two weeks. I'll be reviewing most of the films on this blog, but some will be on Over Forty Shades. I thought it might be useful to have an overview post with links to all the reviews. (I'll update this post as I review more films). This post will stay at the top of the blog throughout the festival so you can easily see which films I've reviewed. At the end of the festival I may choose a favourite film, though I can already see that will be very difficult. So here's the list (click on the links to read the reviews!):
1. Shut Up Little Man! (noise pollution, invasion of privacy & copyright issues. Documentary)
2. Calvet. (how art transformed one man's life. Documentary).
.......and an interview with Jean Marc Calvet and Dominic Allan the film director
3. Project Nim (can we teach chimpanzees to use language? Is it ethical to try? Documentary).
4. Borrower Arrietty (gorgeous anime based on Mary Norton's classic children's book The Borrowers).
5. Cityscapes (experimental short films about cities across the world)
6. Mysterious Object at Noon (surreal storytelling on a road trip through Thailand)
7. some thoughts on nature therapy after watching King of Devil's Island.
8. Convento (kinetic art made from reclaimed materials. Documentary.)
9. Off the Beaten Track (rural life in Rumania. Documentary.)
10. Burning Ice (art and science respond to climate change. Documentary.)
11. Almanya - Welcome to Germany (engaging drama about a Turkish family in Germany)
12. Albatross (a coming of age drama focussing on an aspiring writer)
13. Bike Powered Cinema - your chance to power a cinema by bike power!
14. A Better Life (drama about a Mexican family living in California)
15. Perfect Sense (romance against the backdrop of an unknown epidemic)