Thursday 24 April 2008

Why I don't complain about train fares

A lot of people grumble about train fares in the UK, here's why I don't:

Edinburgh to Bolton single £9. Bolton to Edinburgh single £15.

This is what I've paid the last several times I've made the journey! I seem to be pretty lucky getting the cheap deals! (Of course more of our fares should be that cheap). I also enjoy the fact that the train journey between Edinburgh and Bolton passes through some of the most beautiful scenery in southern Scotland and the English Lake District.

I'll be back next week!

12 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Have a good trip!

polona said...

enjoy your trip!

RG said...

What a treat ... not much train routes here. But, we can go either to Vancouver BC or Seattle or Portland, Ore. from our town.

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty good deal. Sounds like you'll be taking in some lovely views on your trip. Enjoy.

A wildlife gardener said...

Have a good trip...and then come and visit the Barleycorn ponds to view the latest videos :)

Annie Jeffries said...

I promptly checked train prices from Sacramento CA to Portland OR. I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the inspiration.

leah k said...

wish we had more trains her in CA. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm enjoying getting to know yours!

this is my patch said...

My dad would love this post, he uses trains often and is always positive towards the rail network. I agree with you, you get to see great scenery from a train window. x

WH said...

I love trains, but they have almost died in the US. Plans for high speed trains never get off the ground. But trains are so wonderful for seeing forests and mountains.

Bill said...

I only wish train travel were a feasible option in the US.

Anonymous said...

Have fun, who's in Bolton? My aunt lives in Horwich at the base of Winter Hill (which funnily enough I just put in another poem).

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks everyone, I did enjoy my trip thanks! UK and most of Europe very lucky to have good rail links! Looks like you fond one too though Annie!

Jo - Bolton is the best station to use for visiting my parents! They live in Greater Manchester but near Bolton. We went through Horwich on Sunday as we drove up to Rivington.