Wednesday 16 October 2024

Making the First Christmas Cards for the Year

As long term readers of this blog will know, I make most of my own Christmas cards, though often I forget to post photos of them here. This year, I've chosen mostly simple designs, made, as ever, from upcycled materials - card stock and embellishments bought from second hand shops. Crafting like this, while not, strictly speaking, recycling, does use materials that otherwise might end up in landfill. So, I'm using these cards as an example of rescuing materials from landfill to fit in with the 'Rescue Me' theme of this year's Recycle Week. So, here are a selection of the cards I've made so far for this year's Christmas. 



This week's post on my Crafty Green Substack is also about Recycle Week, focussing on house clearances.


No comments: