Thursday 20 June 2013

Satin chopstick bag

I've just made another chopstick bag. This one is made from a satin fabric with a lovely floral pattern on it, that I repurposed from a robe. (You may recognise the fabric as the same one I used to make this wrist cuff.) I then added a pretty black velvet bow to the front and threaded through some black cord to make the drawstring.

It's an ideal way to carry around a pair of re-usable chopsticks so you can avoid having to use the disposable ones that are the usual cutlery choice in many Chinese restaurants. (Many disposable chopsticks are made from the products of forest destruction, though to be fair some are made from waste wood from the construction industry).

You can now find this chopstick bag in my Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop

I'm just seen From Tehran to London, another film in the Edinburgh International Film Festival, you can read my review on my Shapeshifting Green Blog.

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more.

4 comments:

RG said...

It's hard to imagine the kind of censure-ship and difficulty being creative in such a society and style of life.

I have never learned chopsticks! I need a fork bag!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Rabbits' Guy, you could use this for knife and fork (not sure whether a large spoon would fit in too, but i can check that out).

Yes, life in irain must be very difficult for creative people, women particularly.

Little Miss Titch said...

I wish I could Sew*sigh*

Rambling Woods said...

Pretty...