Sunday 14 March 2010

Unthinkable Skies

My poetry chapbook Unthinkable Skies is currently at the printers and will be available from 22 March. You can order it from: http://www.calderwoodpress.co.uk/ or if you will be at Stanza Poetry Festival in St Andrews then you will probably be able to buy it there.

The title Unthinkable Skies is taken from one of the poems in the collection and most of the poems feature the sky in some way. Yes there are lots of birds in there but lots of other themes to interest the non-birdwatchers among you.

There will be a launch event at some point and I'm hoping to do several other readings over the next few months, mostly in Edinburgh but also in other parts of Scotland and even perhaps in Manchester and Bristol, depending on opportunities. I'll keep you up to date on these kind of things, though I hope not to become boring about it. You can always check this post here for updates of what I'm doing.

15 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

It's a great title!
x

Caroline Gill said...

I agree with Rachel. All most exciting, CGP!

Can't wait to see your beach hut poem... in due course.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Rachel - thanks

Caroline - thanks too, my beach hut poem will appear eventually, i hope....

Nat Hall said...

Fantastic title, Juliet!
Celebration is under way :) xx

Forthvalley scribe said...

I will come to your launch if at all possible, but as I'm going to be at StAnza on Thursday, I may just have to buy it then!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks nat!

Elizabeth - it would be lovely to see you at the launch, I'll let you know when it is as soon as i know!

Kay said...

good luck on the launch of your book..I am sure it is a dream realized

ThoseThr3Words-Claire said...

Congratulations, Juliet. It is a wonderful and intriguing title! We will be buying a copy and wish you the best of luck with the book and the readings.

Claire

Crafty Green Poet said...

Kay - indeed it is, thanks!

Claire - thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

Deb G said...

Congratulations! Wish I could come.... :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! You must be very excited and proud. We must check it out!

Enjoy all the travel!

Gillena Cox said...

if you are interested in a book swap let me know my Haiku Book titled Moments published by authorhouse 2007 you can email me
and we can exchange postal addresses

much love
gillena

Robin Rule said...

ever since you mentioned you had a chapbook coming out, i wondered what you would call it. an outstanding title and wish i had thought of it myself. i have no idea how to translate pounds to dollars, so i have no idea with shipping too, how much it will cost to bring one over the pond; but if it's not to hefty, i hope i have the ducats to buy one. a new book is always exciting! congrats, juliet.
love, 'pie

Crafty Green Poet said...

Deb, Lisa - thanks

Gillena - great idea!

Robin - my publisher will be seeing to overseas postage costs over the next few days and these will be on the website very soon. I don't know the exchange rate I'm sorry...

Jacquie said...

Congratulations on the chapbook publication, Juliet! Intriguing title.