Tuesday 29 September 2009

Gorgie City Farm Poetry Competition

Write a poem about me
or me
or any of our friends at Gorgie City Farm
and win prizes!

I've been asked to remind people that the closing date for the Gorgie Farm Poetry Competition is this Friday..... (yes the timescale has been very rushed this year, because it's a new idea from a new volunteer, but hopefully if they hold one next year there will be a longer timescale.) All ages can enter! Compose a verse in honour of your favourite animal at the Farm, and e-mail it to the farm by Friday 2nd Oct. Winners will be announced on Thurs 8th, and will receive Farm goodies and book tokens!

9 comments:

Titus said...

Is it a competition for children?
This is a serious question, I'm not trying to be funny!

Paul said...

I love the look on that cat's face. If I was writing a poem about him/her it would be about a grumpy cat, annoyed at being interrupted for a photograph.

Oh said...

A lovely idea, this contest! Would love to visit the farm, but then, it would be a rather long trip from here!

My daughter and I just signed up to be volunteer ranch hands at the humane society's farm an hour from here. The farm has rescue horses, cows, goats, pigs and chickens. We're hoping they need volunteers this time of year.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Titus, no its not just for children, all ages can enter and there's still time.....

Paul, I love the look on Dexter's face too that's why I chose that picture

Oh - enjoy your volunteering...

Titus said...

Thanks Poet, I'll see if Dexter can inspire my boys...

Thomma Lyn said...

What adorable critters! Very inspiring, both of them. :)

Dave King said...

Two splendid visual prompts you've put up there. With more time...

Outsideofacat said...

as in, if i send one today (friday) is it too late or still good? just wondering.

Crafty Green Poet said...

a.c.b (and anyone else!) - well it's really too late, but given that I'm judging it and I've not received the postal entries yet, please feel free to email it to me at juliet.m.wilsonATgmailDOTcom. I'll not tell....