Sunday 17 September 2006

High Tide in Tucson - Barbara Kingsolver

Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favourite novelists and I was excited to find this book of her essays in a second hand shop. They are inspiring and moving, probably the best articles I've read. In this collection, Kingsolver covers a range of topics, including environmentalism, travelling, parenting and being a part time rock star. Her writing is consistently compassionalte and thght provoking and sometimes amusing. I would definitely recommend this book, even if you don't generally read non-fiction.

3 comments:

jillypoet said...

Hey, I'm so excited to read your post. I love Kingsolver, have this book on my shelf, but haven't read it yet. I'm off to read it. Maybe we can chat about it!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Jillypoet, hope you enjoy the book as much as I did! And feel free to chat with me about it! Have you read any of her poetry? I haven't yet.....

Anonymous said...

Isn't she a great writer? She also has a a book of poetry. I recognized my home town in Oklahoma in her first book, the Bean Trees.