On Saturday we had a lovely walk around Blackford Pond and the Hermitage of Braid.
We saw a couple of Speckled Wood butterflies in the woodland, including this individual who's obviously had a hard lifeThere were fungi everywhere, including Sulphur TuftsTurkey TailHairy Stereum
and Common Puffballs
The fungus below I think is Sheathed Woodtuft (but I may be wrong, so if you recognise it as something different, please let me know!)
Today I found this beautiful Larch Bolete underneath a larch treeIt's definitely the time of year for fungi, so keep an eye out when you're out and about!
Shared with Nature Notes.
Loved the mushroom photos, and that butterfly really is a great survivor! Such a wonderful walk.
ReplyDeleteThanks Shiju, it's a lovely walk and one of our favourites
DeleteGreat photos, beautiful butterfly and I like seeing all the different fungi and mushrooms. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
ReplyDelete